Coming soon!
Summer 2020
Holidays for nature lovers
Time passes – tradition remains
A journey into the past

The moving history of our Hatzeshof in Laion / Lajen

The farm with farming house, which is listed as a historic monument, presents a long tradition and impresses with its traditional architecture.

The Hatzeshof traces back to the late medieval times and late gothic around 1500. The cellar rooms and the end-to-end corridor with the ogival entrance point at the mountainside on the ground floor have been widely preserved. Three other stone-framed ogival portals, as well as windows on the south and west façade with reveals, trace back to the times when the house was built.
In the course of the 16th century, the eastern side of the main building was altered with a two-storied extension. The baroque changes of the 18th century become apparent in the upper floor, as well as in the facades, where column-motives adorn corners of the building and window openings.
At the end of the 19th century, after the transition of the Hatzes to the family Hofer, there was again a bigger conversion by refurnishing the living rooms and common rooms. These rooms were partly delimited with timbered walls and furnished with panels.